Monday 15 April 2013

Getting back into the swing of things

With all of the hiccups life has thrown at me lately, I have not crocheted anything in quite a while.  The other day, in one of the crochet groups I'm in, a pattern designer needed a new pattern tested.  I really miss crocheting, so I thought I'd give it a go!  So here it is - the first thing I've crocheted in a long time - the Sunny Days skirt, by Lily Girl Creations.  The testers were given free reign to do any colour combinations we wanted, so this is what I came up with.  Eventually I'll be finding a better ribbon that matches the flowers, but this will do for now 

 
 
This pattern is available on Ravelry for $4.99 and comes with instructions for ages 6 months - 10 years (although, some friends and I really wish there was an adult pattern too!).  It can be worked up in a couple of days, less if you just rally through it.  What's more, the designer Sarah was very helpful and quick to respond with any questions, which I greatly appreciated!  All in all, it was a great testing experience, and a nice way to get back into the swing of things.  Hopefully this will just be the first of many projects to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment