Saturday 13 April 2013

Nana Potatoes

I first tried this about a year ago when I went to my boyfriend's grandparents' house for dinner.  I loved it from bite one!!  I asked Grandma P where she got the recipe and she said that a friend had given it to her.  Of course, I asked if I could have a copy!  And now I'd like to share it with you.  And just for the record, this goes really well with Guess & By Gosh!



Nana Potatoes
from Grandma P's friend


You will need:
2 lbs frozen hash browns
Salt and pepper, to taste
1x10 oz. can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 c. grated cheese
8 oz. sour cream (about 1 small container)
2 c. crushed Corn Flakes or crumbs (I even used crushed Cheerios!)
1/2 c. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350° c.  Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Place mixture in a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam (or lightly greased).  Mix Corn Flakes with melted butter and spread on top of potato mixture.  Bake for 45 mins. 

This recipe freezes well before or after baking.  Just remember, if freezing before baking, you need to work quickly so the hash browns don't thaw too much.  If cooking from frozen cook at 350°c for 1 hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment