Thursday 11 April 2013

Baby Steps - Going back to work after a year...

As some of you may know, I've been a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) for the last year or so.  As those same people probably know, the last year hasn't really been the best (at ALL - for info, see a previous post: An Update and A Thank You) and we're working through a pretty rough patch right now.  No work, no car, no money, no life, staying at my dad's house (thank you so much, daddy!), haven't been seeing my daughter very much (at ALL - and that's a WHOLE 'nother story!)...you get the idea.  Well, finally, the first step to smoothing things out is here!  :-D

A couple of days ago (Tuesday) I had an interview at 7-11.  The manager interviewing me (who's name is Lisa) was really nice, told me I had a very good resume (which made me feel SO awesome to hear!) and I just thought it generally went really well.  She said that she'd be running a security check that day, making up her mind on who to hire that night, and calling the next day to let me know.  Let me tell you, I didn't leave the phone's side at all yesterday (Wednesday), waiting to hear if I'd gotten the job or not!  The phone call didn't come yesterday, so I was a little worried, thinking maybe I hadn't been hired...and then this morning....RING, RING!  It was Lisa!



I'm so happy to say that my security check was perfect and I got the job!  I go in next Tuesday (the 16th) for paperwork and computer stuff  :-D  That being said, I'd like to stop for a sec to send out a HUGE thank you to my Aunty Jo for telling me about the position and for putting in a good word for me.  I'm sure she's a big part of why I got it.  Thank You Aunty!  <3 

It's only part time, but part time is better than no time.  That just gives me more incentive to bust my butt off and earn full time hours!  And to be honest - I actually kinda like working in a convenience store, so I don't think that will be too hard.  So now, I wait for Tuesday to come.  While I still have a lot of other bugs to work out and changes to make in my life, as they said in What About Bob? (a movie and quote that my Granny and I just LOVE) - Baby Steps!

Here's to the next baby step, and all those to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment